BE THE HERO
1. Invite everyone you know to read ABOLITIONISTA!
2. Create a special ABOLITIONISTA! event at your school that introduces your classmates to the issue of human trafficking and gives them the tools to protect themselves. Click here on how to do it...
4. Share ABOLITIONISTA! through email, text, Facebook and Twitter and begin raising awareness by sharing everything you find out about human trafficking through social media. Click here...
5. Blog about what you're learning about human trafficking!
6. Organize screenings of films and documentaries about human trafficking!
9. Look for the “fair trade” logo when buying chocolate and other products. “Fair trade” means that the product was not produced by slave labor.
10. Post a sign with human trafficking information and the national hotline on public bulletin boards at school, churches, and stores in your community. Include website, hotline, and contact information.
7. Create a human trafficking club at your school!
3. Donate $5 through our donate button and we’ll give a comic book to someone who is vulnerable to being trafficked and empower them to protect themselves and their friends. We’ve got some ideas on how to raise money to support organizations that are fighting modern day slavery: A) Organize a community yard sale to help create a safer world. B) Throw a birthday party and ask people to make a donation instead of bringing a gift, B) Organize a music concert, dance concert, bake sale, movie night, comedy show, halloween party, valentines day party, poker night, fashion show, and ask people to make a donation for attending. C) Be creative...organize something that you yourself would love to attend!
8. Donate your old cell phone to phones4freedom.org which will help warn people in remote villages about human trafficking operations in their area. Click here...
11. Petition! Demand that your community leaders take action by 1) passing legislation that rescues and protects victims and penalizes human traffickers, 2) holding companies accountable for making sure their products are not being produced by slave labor, 3) making the fight against human trafficking a part of your community’s agenda. Change.org is one of the key petition sites with over 10 live petitions currently addressing human trafficking.
WHO YOU ARE
OR WHAT YOUR AGE IS,
YOU CAN HAVE A POWERFUL IMPACT ON STOPPING THE CRIME OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND IN COMMUNITIES AROUND THE WORLD. HERE ARE SOME OF THE WAYS THAT YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.